Considering how I'm an even 30 years old, I decided that I'd tell you 30 new things about me that you don't know already.
Sounds fun, right?
Yeeeah anyway... here goes:
1. I have no living grand parents. Neither does Bryan.
2. We moved to Charlotte because we wanted to, not because we had to or got transferred. We chose to leave Orange County on our own and picked Charlotte because we had been everywhere in our travels and believed it's the best place (outside of southern California) to live!
3. My mom gave my brother and I more kisses as a kid than you can imagine. She was always kissing our heads, ears, noses and lips. I never doubted - not even once - that I wasn't loved to pieces. I see myself doing it with Cali...
4. I'm left handed. I can do a lot with my right hand too though, and even some things come more natural to me with my right hand. But I'm a lefty. And being a lefty and wearing a wedding ring is not the easiest of lifelong tasks, trust this! Any lefty's feel me here???
5. I hold my pen and paper really weird when I write.
6. I love FOX News!
7. I'm a proud American, but I'm also proud of my heritage - Irish, Italian, Polish, German and Russian
8. Christmas Eve dinner is my favorite meal. If I were on death row, my last meal would be everything we eat on Christmas Eve. Years when I don't eat this meal, I will probably shed some tears...
9. Easter is my favorite holiday.
10. I'm 4 years younger than my only sibling, and although I pray we will be, we're not close at all.
11. My nails are fake... and have been since I was 16. That's 14 years of fake nails and money down the drain.
12. I have bad asthma and allergies and have my inhaler and allergy pills with me at all times. I have to have "feather free" hotel rooms nightly.
13. I can't fall asleep without white noise in the background and Burts Bee's on my lips.
14. I was hit by a car when I was little.
15. Tennis is my sport. I was on Varsity for 3 years in high school.
16. I love traditions. Not new, made up ones. But traditions that have been passed down in my family for generations. They are sacred to me.
17. I cry. A lot. Mostly over insignificant things. I don't consider it a fault.
18. I'm a proud Catholic. Both of my parents were born Catholic. Both sets of my grand parents were Catholic. Both sets of my great grand parents were Catholic. Everyone took their vows seriously and never got divorced. No divorce in my lineage! Bryan's parents are still married also. The statistics are definitely on our side!
19. I'm closer to 31 than to 30 and I'm okay with that... Actually, I'm really looking forward to what year 31 has in store for me!
20. I'm not much for complaining. I tend to see the positive in all things, and when I can't see the positive, I often don't voice those thoughts. This whole seeing the glass half full thing annoys others at times. But what annoys me is spending even 3 minutes in the same room with a complainer!
21. Bryan and I both came into our relationship with no debt (no student loans, no car payments, no credit card debt, no furniture debt). Outside of our mortgage, we still have no debt.
22. I've passed kidney stones... twice.
23. I look like both my mom and my dad.
24. I'm a closet homebody. Based on my job, you'd never know it. But I love being home the most and can seriously sit on the couch and do nothing all day and be quite content. Just ask Bryan! The problem is that I feel that life passes a homebody by, therefore I force myself to get out and live. I want to experience everything life has to offer, even though most of the time I'd rather be home.
25. I don't sweat the small stuff. Or the big stuff. I'm just not a worrier. But when I do worry, you know it's for good reason. Bryan worries enough for the both of us, so we're a good balance in that realm.
26. I need space. Alone time is important for my psyche.
27. I rarely ask people to pray for me. I will, but it has to be for a very worthy reason (not just because I have a job interview or stressful family situation, etc.)
28. I'm a deep thinker and take time to process my personal growth - I always want to be moving forward and bettering myself. People who think the way they are is "just how God intended" need to be a bit more introspective. I find that way of thinking to be a shallow. I believe that God intends us to be our best selves, of which none of us are.
29. I'm the least competitive person ever. I let people win. I give up and quit. I get through 9 holes of mini golf and call it a day, haha! Winning just isn't important to me. But sometimes I wish it were. Bryan is so competitive, and because of it, he never half asses anything. I find that admirable.
30. My name is Kaitlyn and most who are closest to me call me Kaitlyn. I can't even image what "Kate" would sound like coming out of Bryan's mouth... it's always Kaitlyn from him, my mom, my close friends. My dad calls me dollface!
And there I am, in a nutshell. (Help, I'm in a nutshell!)